Skip to main content

I Breathe You by Lori L. Clark

Synopsis:

When a tragic accident leaves Rhane Evans -- lead vocalist for the rock band Fate's Crazy -- permanently unable to speak above a whisper and kills the love of her life, she moves across the state to pick up the pieces. Shattered, Rhane struggles to understand what happened the night of the accident, an accident everyone blames her for, even though she wasn't driving the car.

Enter Ian Callahan. He's the one person who may have a more tumultuous past than Rhane. Though they try hard to deny the sizzling attraction between them, it proves nearly impossible. When Ian's troubled past threatens to tear them apart, they begin to believe happiness isn't in their cards.
    Review:
The life of Rhane Evans is changed forever when a tragic accident not only takes the love of her life but also her voice. Rhane is the lead singer of the band Fate's Crazy and this accident leaves her vocal chords so damaged she is left being able to only speak in a whisper. With her voice gone she feels that her whole identity is taken away from her. She is left so broken and sad but also so angry that she barley knows how to function anymore. She also feels major guilt because she survived and her boyfriend Dalton did not, so she is left feeling somewhat responsible. The other band members want nothing to do with her because they blame her for the accident, so she feels lost and alone. We are introduced to her Uncle T who is really the only family that is consistantly there for her. She moves into an old run down house left to her by her grandmother. It is then that we meet Gwen who starts off as a cook and someone to be there to help Rhane get to doctor's appointments or run errands, but quickly turns into a friend. Because the house is in such need of repair we meet Ian Callahan.  The attraction between these two characters is immediate but Rhane is determined to fight it every step of the way. She feels major guilt at the thought of being attracted to someone else and that scares her. She feels that she is betraying the memory of Dalton who up until now has been the only love of her life. As their relationship develops it is sometimes hard because of the issues that Rhane has, and Ian brings his own family issues, and it leaves you wondering will these two ever work it out and be happy? But they have such sweet tender moments that will have you rooting for this couple to make it
Author Bio:

Ten things about me: 
1. I'm an only child. 
2. I love dogs! 
3. I was born in Iowa City, Iowa and lived in Iowa until January 2007. 
4. I worked as a professional psychic reader for 2 years. 
5. I'm a Pisces Sun, Leo Moon with Aquarius rising. 
6. I've written 6 books and am in the process of brainstorming a 7th. 
7. I don't look or act my age! 
8. I ran my first 1/2 marathon at age 50. 
9. I love 80's hair band music. 
10. I'm a claims payment analyst for one of Fortune 500 Magazine's "Top 100 places in America to work.
Social Links:



Playlist:

<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="380" src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:1230689968:playlist:1ju4jbPQHg3wonwAcVJiTO" width="300"></iframe>


Giveaway Code:


Excerpt:
The front door bangs open and I rise up just enough so that I'm able to catch a glimpse of Ian through the porch railings. His boots clomp noisily across the porch floor and I silently will him to just climb in his truck to be on his merry way. I'm confident that Gwen was able to point out all of the things that need his attention around here so he shouldn't need to speak with me before he leaves.
Midway to the steps, he stops abruptly and turns in my direction. I figure he's about to call me out for blatantly ogling him, but if he sees me, he doesn't let on. He peers up to where the chain for the porch swing has pulled free from the ceiling. I suck in a startled breath, watching as the tight, white t-shirt he's wearing pulls strategically against his rock-hard chest as he reaches to press on the rotted boards where the hook had been fastened.
Holy hell. His shirt pulls free from the waistband of his pants and I'm left with an eyeful of the copper-colored happy trail disappearing down the front of his jeans. "Do you want me to fix this while I'm here?" he asks, peering at me between his arms and I'm suddenly aware that my mouth is gaping in awe of his... his height.  He drops his arms to his sides and flashes me a crooked grin. "It'll only take about five minutes."
Before I'm able to regain my composure enough to respond, he jogs down the steps and crosses the lawn to his pickup. I watch him drop the tailgate and hop gracefully into the bed of the truck. He pops open the toolbox and rummages around inside. Why am I staring at him? He's not even that hot. Okay, maybe he is a little.
I walk up the steps and notice half a dozen or so hanging planters full of dirt and debris surrounding the perimeter of the porch. I decide now would be a great time to take all of them down and clean them out. Not because I want to stare at Ian or anything. I pretend not to notice how he's a little bit bowlegged and wonder if he rode a lot of horses -- or other things -- when he was younger. Heat flares up from inside my shirt and my cheeks instantly color.




Comments

  1. Thank you so much for your tour participation! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: New York, Actually by Sarah Morgan

Meet Molly 
New York’s most famous agony aunt, she considers herself an expert at relationships…as long as they’re other people’s. The only love of her life is her Dalmatian, Valentine. Meet Daniel A cynical divorce lawyer, he’s hardwired to think relationships are a bad idea. If you don’t get involved, no-one can get hurt. But then he finds himself borrowing a dog to meet the gorgeous woman he sees running in Central Park every morning… Molly and Daniel think they know everything there is to know about relationships…until they meet each other that is… Review: That is right, reader, Sarah Morgan has released another fantastic book in From Manhattan with Love series. She has released New York, Actually in the series that will introduce new characters who will fall in love in the New York area. The reader will get to see Daniel (from previous books) fall in love unexpectedly. Daniel is very well-known divorce attorney that you will definitely want him on your side. He always roots for the …

Top Series To Catch Up On, Part 1

Hello Everyone,
It is a definitely new year which means that they will be new books releasing soon enough. It is definitely the time to catch up with series before the new book release. Here is my top five series to catch up with would be:
1. Fatal series by Marie Force
I ultimate love reading Fatal series so much because it has so much suspense yet it has romance too that it heigthen the story more. Sam and Nick are my most favorite couple in the series that I always can't wait to read the next book to know what they are up too. It is always something different each time.
Review: Fatal Affair Fatal Justice Fatal Consequences Fatal Flaw Fatal Deception Fatal Mistake Fatal Jeopardy  Fatal Scandal  Fatal Frenzy Fatal Identify
2. Wind Dragons MC series by Chantal Fernando
Who doesn't love reading bad boys falling in love? 'Cause they always fall the hardest. And these Wind Dragons biker definitely do! They are so sexy but their women are also bad ass too that you will end up loving th…

Blog Tour: Kiss My Boots by Harper Sloan

About the book:
Hang on to your Stetsons this summer, because you’re in for one wild ride! Get lost in the second installment of New York Timesbestselling author Harper Sloan’s Coming Home series, KISS MY BOOTS. In the second installment, the wildest Davis of them all is looking for love…maybe.
Quinn Davis prefers to live her life quietly. She’s the stereotypical tomboy with two overprotective big brothers who have always looked out for her. Of course, it doesn’t help that her heart has already been hardened when it comes to devilishly handsome cowboys with silver tongues. That is, until Tate Montgomery comes riding back into town. Their first meeting, however, is far from something out of a fairy tale and only further convinces Quinn that men aren’t worth her time.
Growing up, the one time Tate ever truly felt at home was during the long, sweltering summer months he spent at his gram and paw’s farm in Pine Oak, Texas. Now, Tate has returned to his childhood sanctuary seeking a fresh sta…