Jump by Cindy Paterson

Synopsis:

JUMP
Centuries of loyalty

His code of honor was respected without question, until he consumed the blood of an enemy in exchange for a mortal woman to be set free from certain slavery.

He can’t forget her

Despite knowing, he will be imprisoned and put to death if caught, Balen, a fierce Senses Tracker, returns to Toronto to find the mortal woman, Danielle, he left behind two years ago. Haunted with memories of the torture they endured in the hands of a Senses enemy, Balen’s determination to see her again, drives him to risk everything. But when he does, a new enemy comes into play, one he can’t defeat. 

To conquer the wrath of fear

Determined to find some sort of peace after her abduction, Danielle finds solace in painting a man from her nocturnal unconsciousness. When he comes knocking on her door, her world is shattered and Danielle must face her worst fears in order to survive what is coming after them. It won’t stop. It can’t. For the ancient spell has no compassion. 

A journey of tenacious desire that refuses to fade even though that is what will destroy them. Because—in order for Danielle to live, first she must die.
Review:
This book is totally different from other vampire series. The vampires are good and bad among each other. The warriors who quietly protect the human race are know as the Senses. They each have their own specific talent or gift that help them protect the human race.  In this story, it is about Balen, who very serious about his job or role in protecting the human race. With values and morals unquestioned for centuries, he saved the life of a mortal woman at the hands of an extremely vicious vampire and the hunter has now become the hunted. He is an exquisite tortured soul. And above all, he is absolutely consumed with Danielle. Danielle is definitely right for Balen because she is incredibe. They are passionate together that nothing can make it undeniable. A good read. Everyone should read it.

Author Bio:
I am Xamien's secret lover. Well, in my head I am and since I'm single this is completely allowed. Some of you may ask, who is Xamien, don't worry you will meet him soon enough, but no falling in love with him. He is all mine.
Writing books is a fantastic way to have adventures that are impossible to have otherwise. I mean do you really want to fall in love with Waleron? He is so unstable and would never pick up after your dogs or clean the litter box. Not to mention the fact that he is always out killing disgusting grave robbing bug people.
Curling up with a good book and losing yourself to another time and place is the greatest reward. Being able to feel a character's emotions, their fears, pain and love. Now that is incredible. I relish in the books that stay with me long after they have ended. This is what I strive for in my writing. To give the readers, and myself, an escape into another world, my world.
I have been writing since I was twelve. My parents, sorry mom and dad, would send me to my room for an hour every night to do homework, and instead I wrote stories. Oops, guess that is why i did so bad in math.
I have never stopped writing since then and never will. It's like an addiction, but a good one. I adore stepping into the shoes of a character and deciding their fate. The characters are why I write. I want to fall in love with them (even the bad ones), so that I care about what happens to them in a story. If I can't care about the characters then why bother with the story.
I live in Toronto with a menagerie of pets that keep me on my toes.
Social Links:


Buy Links:

Giveaway 

Interview
the Senses Tracker Balen
Hero of
“Jump”
Book ONE in the senses series


I’m so excited to be sitting down with Balen, a Senses Tracker from Cindy Paterson’s novel JUMP.
Thank you Balen for joining us today. I know Cindy has asked we keep it short as there are some issues that need attending to.

Balen flashes a smile. “My pleasure, Abigail. And the issues can wait. Xamien is currently keeping Cindy…” he pauses, “occupied.”

I blink. Wow. Not touching that one. “Umm, okay so…” I rub my pen against my thigh and avoid looking at him because all I can think about is him and his tattoos, and him undressing, and…stop. Ask the questions. “I was pretty shocked reading what happened to you and Danielle. I can’t imagine what you went through while watching her being tortured by that vamp and you were helpless to do anything.”

Balen raises his brows. “Right through the heart with your first question. Impressive.”

“We have limited time and—”

“No need, Abigail.”

I watch as he leans back in his chair and crosses his ankles. He has a pensive look on his face that makes it even worse for where my imagination is going.

“I didn’t know Danielle at the time. And yes, the images, her screams, they still haunt me.” His gaze meets mine. “But I was never helpless, Abigail. I had the power to stop what happened.”

“And you did. You sacrificed everything to save her. You broke Senses laws and drank a vamp’s blood. You were hunted by your own kind for years. All for a woman you didn’t even know.”

He gives a single, curt nod. “It was never a sacrifice. Not with her. Never for her.”

“So, what was it like getting to know Danielle?”

Slowly his eyes become hooded and I’m taken back by his allure. I wonder if he knows how captivating he is. All he has to do is sit there and I’m completely taken.

“I was unable to see Danielle for two years after our imprisonment with the vamp. That time was the most enraging and frustrating days of my life. I was drawn to Danielle even in our tragic circumstance. She has this magnetic quality about her.” He pauses again. “Stubborn. And she fought him…”

“The vamp, you mean.” I can see this is hard to talk about even years later. Balen’s brows are lowered over his eyes and he is running his finger up and down his coffee mug. Interesting. The memory is still really raw and rightly so.

Balen nods and says nothing.

“I’m sorry. For you both. Well, I wanted to ask about Danielle transitioning into a Senses. That was a scene I’ll never forget. I mean she had to die. You watched. Care to explain how that feels?”

“No. I will not. You read the book, it’s very clear what we went through. And if you ever mention it to Danielle, I’ll have words with you.”

Holy shit. Even though he remains in a relaxed position, I notice his hand tighten around the mug. His jaw is clenched and his eyes are piercing. Double shit. I should’ve asked Cindy to interview Jedrik. At least Jedrik’s a flirt and charming. Balen has the sexy appeal that can eat me alive. “Let’s move on then.”

“Good idea.”

I swallow. “When you first saw Danielle again, pick five words that went through your mind.”

“There was so much going through me the moment I saw her again. Anguish. Torture. Guilt. Desire. Need. If you’d have seen her back then, there was this undeniable fear in her eyes. She’d lost that fight.” He takes a deep breath. “Danielle had been stubborn and resilient when we first met in those cages, but afterwards…when I came back…it had eaten away at her. Danielle was all I thought about for two years. So when I saw her again, it ripped me apart, but I knew at that moment I would do anything for her.”

Wow, just wow. I knew I loved this man.

He gives me a penetrating stare and I can’t get over how green his eyes are. Way better in person than just reading it. “Perhaps we can move on, Abigail. To less invasive questions.”

“Yes, of course. I wanted to ask you about Cindy. What’s she like?”

“You’re better asking Xamien that question.” He winks. I melt.

“But Xamien refused an interview. You must be able to share something.”

He grins. “She has Chocolate bars in her freezer for those late nights writing. And…well Alpha men are her thing. Just take a look at Xamien.”

“I don’t know Xamien. He wasn’t in JUMP.”

“You’ll meet him in FALL. A Taldeburu like Waleron.”

“Speaking of Waleron. He is one hard ass. Aren’t you ever afraid of him? He can put you in Rest and have you live your worst nightmares over and over again. Oh and what’s with your Scars? I mean, wow. Tattoos coming to life. So cool. Not sure if I like Waleron’s, though. That snake tattoo is scary as hell.”

“Afraid?” He chuckles. “Waleron is one of the most powerful Senses in the world, but he lives and breathes his oaths. He protects us with everything he is. We wouldn’t be Senses if we feared our own kind. Understand Abigail, the Senses are warriors. Not much frighten us.”

“Unless it involves your woman.”

“There is that. Yes, we’re no doubt Alpha’s by nature and protect what is ours.”

“What about Waleron and Delara?”

Balen glares. That subject is not open for discussion.”

“I get it. I mean Waleron and Delara’s intensity is…well, damn it’s explosive. I had no idea what was going on between them.”

Balen’s cell rings and he reaches into his back jean pocket. “Yes?” Pause. “Indeed.” Pause. “I’ll tell her.” He ends the call and slips the phone into his pocket and stands.

My heart leaps as I look over his tall lean frame. If I could have one man, it would be him.

“That was Cindy. She’d like to thank you for having me.”

“Oh…well it’s been my pleasure.”

Balen smiles and bows his head slightly. “Abigail.”

I swear him saying my name with that deep graveled voice just sent my entire body into flames. I can’t take my eyes off him as he walks away.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: After the Game by Abbi Glines

Review: New York, Actually by Sarah Morgan

Top Series To Catch Up On, Part 1