Striving For Normal by B.L. Mooney Blog Tour

Synopsis:

The most intimate relationship Drew Clayborn had with a man in the last four years has been with her therapist. With a past that has left her broken and scarred, she tries to piece herself back together enough to make it through each day. Whether she’s ready or not, life brings her back among the living, and Drew needs to learn quickly how to deal with her troubled past. When the perfect opportunity presents itself to pursue her dream career, it also provides Drew her first encounter with a compelling man since her devastating breakup with the last one.

Carl Williamson is rich, powerful, and gorgeous. The desire she feels when he’s near makes it impossible not to melt into his arms. He wants Drew and will stop at nothing to have her. Carl promises to be her protector, but he brings familiar concerns to the surface.

Dennis Brooks is a nice guy her best friend thinks would be her perfect match. He’s strong, honest, and sexy as hell, and he makes her smile in a way no one else can. Drew feels safe and secure with him, but she isn’t certain he is strong enough to handle Drew and give her what she thinks she needs in a relationship.

When Drew’s demanding, controlling ex comes back to stake his claim on her, the carefully crafted world she built for herself is turned upside down. Does she need a powerful man like Carl to help her? Will Dennis step up and be the man she needs? Or does she finally become strong enough to deal with her past on her own? Who is the true hero in her quest of striving for normal?
 Review:
B.L. Mooney has definitely out done herself in this book. This book will definitely shock everyone boot off with all the emotion going on. It definitely has a twist with the love triangle going on that everyone is going to root for one of them. Drew is a strong character that I found a liking to because she been though a lot that she is taking care of it. Drew has been diagnosis with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder that we get see the flashback of her abuse. There were some graphic scenes that surprise myself that I definitely knew Drew is strong person to get through and heal. The dynamic of this book is about Drew learning to forgive herself in order to find love. She being tough on herself because she does not want to go through the abuse she went for before to happen again. However, Drew does work through her insecurities and find herself loved. It is a definitely must read book because it has it all. Be careful if you cannot handle graphic scenes, then do not read it unless you can handle it.   
Author Bio:
B.L. Mooney started writing when the voices and storylines in her head ran out of room. They were getting too cramped and neither B.L. nor the characters could take it anymore, so she did the only thing she could do—she made room. She always knew she wanted to write, but vowed to make time for it later. Now that she’s made time for writing, most everything else falls to the wayside. That seems to suit the characters that keep popping up just fine.

B.L. lives in the Midwest and her other talents include in-demand cookies, a very dry sense of humor, and stealth eavesdropping. Some mannerisms, attitudes, or twists come from random sentences picked up while passing by strangers. So speak up the next time you have something to gossip about. You never know, it may just end up on the pages of the next book you read.

Social Links:



Buy Links:




Giveaway 

Excerpt 2: 

I smiled as I left the room. Julio was a great kid with an obvious passion for life, even if it was just coloring for the moment. I hope nothing happens to ever take that away from him. My smile was lost as I rounded the corner and saw who was at the door. Carl tried the door once more and reached for the bell again. He stopped as we made eye contact and raised an eyebrow when I stopped walking. I didn’t want to unlock the door for him, but I didn’t want him to make a scene when Julio’s parents showed up, either.
I slowly made my way to the door and unlocked it. “What do you want, Carl? I think Amy should be home by now, waiting on you.”
“I just want to talk.” He tried to make his way in, but I stood my ground. “I think we need to settle this. Amy isn’t sleeping anymore.”
I reluctantly stepped aside to let him in and turned with crossed arms to face him. “Any sleepless nights Amy is having are all on you. I’m not the one causing the stress.”
“I’m sure we can come to some understanding.” Carl started looking around.
I narrowed my eyes. “I understand you perfectly. What are you looking for?”
He looked back to me. “I was just wondering if we were alone.”
I suddenly wished I hadn’t opened the door for him. I wasn’t afraid of what Carl would do. The fear I felt was not because I thought Carl would hurt me. It was that I would hurt myself with him. “We’re not alone.”
Carl looked around again and caught sight of Julio still coloring where I left him. He turned back to me and nodded. “Okay. Look, I’m really not a bad guy. You just need to get to know me a little better.”
“I think anyone who would use his daughter to get a date out of someone is pretty low. I know all I need to.”
He sighed and shook his head. “Single fathers take their children to the park or sign up for daddy-and-me classes all the time in the hopes of,” Carl checked to see where Julio was before continuing, “getting laid, so don’t tell me that I’m the worst father you’ve ever met. I’m just asking for dinner to thank you.” Carl straightened his jacket and tightened his tie. “I don’t see how having one dinner with me is all that much of a hardship on your part.”
“It’s the cocky attitude that keeps me away.”
“I can’t say anything right for you. Why do you twist everything I say?”
I stood up straighter and raised my voice. “How . . .” I looked at Julio and back to Carl, lowering my voice. I took a step closer to speak low, but stern. “How in the hell is not allowing your daughter to speak to me until I have dinner with you not to be taken as an egotistical, selfish, and a downright asshole move? Get real.” I started to walk back to the door and turned to give him one more piece of advice. “Just so you know, Carl, most of those single mothers at the park and mommy-and-me classes are looking to get laid, too. Men don’t own the market on casual sex.”
Before I made it to the door to let him out, Carl had turned me back around and held me by my wrists. “Someone needs to teach you how to be a lady.”
“Well, it isn’t going to be you.” I fought to free my wrists, and he fought to pull me closer. He won, pinning my arms between my chest and his. He locked me in a bear hug, lifting me off my feet to look me directly in the eye. “Let go.”
“Not until you agree to have dinner.” I looked away. “It’s just dinner. What are you afraid of?” Carl’s eyes sparkled when my eyes locked on his. I tried to look away again, but I couldn’t. I didn’t want him to know I was afraid. I didn’t want him to see the terror I felt being in his arms, but he saw, and he was amused by it. A slow smile spread across his lips. My eyes kept darting between his eyes and his mouth.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: After the Game by Abbi Glines

Review: New York, Actually by Sarah Morgan

Top Series To Catch Up On, Part 1