Tragically Flawed by A.M. Hargrove
Riviera Benson has a talent...one she discovered by accident. She’s a painter, but canvas isn’t her medium. She creates her lovely masterpieces on walls and ceilings of million dollar homes as murals and faux finishes. Her art is in high demand now, but life wasn’t always that way. Riviera has secrets from her past she intends to keep tightly locked away...terrifying secrets that keep her awake at night...that prevent her from getting close to anyone...anyone that is, until she meets Shan.
Benjamin Shandon, owner of Shandon Homes, works like a thousand demons are chasing him...because perhaps they are. His business has boomed, ever since the forest fire swept through the canyon and destroyed hundreds of million dollar homes. He demands excellence in everything...from his employees to his women. He slows down for nothing, keeping a schedule that no sane person would want. But Riviera interrupts everything, twisting his guts inside out, and wedging her way into his heart, destroying a promise he made to himself.
Will they let their pasts control their future, or will they decide to let go and allow their hearts to discover each other’s?
A.M. Hargrove is one of those authors that I know I am going to love whatever she puts out there. Tragically Flawed is no exception and completely blew me away! First, let me say that A.M. Hargrove can write a beautifully epic love story. They are filled with so much passion you are instantly transformed. With amazing, well-developed, strong character. t is brilliantly written. From that enthralling first chapter to the very end where you are breathing heavily, shaking your head, thinking HOLY CRAP did all that just happen?
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/19qMpVb
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would quickly be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So, she rolled down the passenger window of her fabulous (not) company car and tossed out her leather briefcase. Luckily, the pedestrian in the direct line of fire was a dodge ball pro and had über quick reflexes enabling him to avoid getting bashed in the head. Feeling a tad guilty about the near miss, A. M. made a speedy turn down a deserted side street before tossing her crummy, outdated piece-of-you-know-what laptop out the window. She breathed a liberating sigh of relief, picked up her cell phone, called her boss and quit her job. Grinning, she made another call to her hubs and told him of her new adventure (after making sure his heart was beating properly again).
So began A. M. Hargrove's career as a YA/NA and Adult Romance writer. Her books include the following: Edge of Disaster, Shattered Edge and Kissing Fire (The Edge Series); The Guardians of Vesturon series (Survival, Resurrection, Determinant, reEmergent and Beginnings); Dark Waltz and Tragically Flawed.
Other than being in love with writing about being in love, she loves chocolate, ice cream and coffee and is positive they should be added as part of the USDA food groups.
Author Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5338829.A_M_Hargrove
TRAGICALLY FLAWED Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18271624-tragically-flawed
Top 10 Guilty Pleasures
10. Sleeping in. I never do it, mainly because my body won’t allow it. I dream about it, I envy those that can do it, but for some stupid reason, my body thinks it’s a rooster and likes to rise when the sun comes up (boo). So, every blue moon, when the rare occasion strikes, and the stars are aligned, it happens and I actually do sleep past seven. Then I feel SO guilty, but not for long.
9. Extra dirty martinis, Grey Goose please, oh and throw in a couple of extra olives too. Is all I can say is YUM!
8. Movie popcorn. And not just a teeny tiny bag of it. I’m talking massive quantities. That stuff is my crack. I will NOT go to the movies if I can’t have any. I want it fresh too. And do NOT put that nasty stuff they call butter on it. I want it just popped, like it is, in a gigantic bag. And if you plan to share, you’d better be quick, cuz my hand’s liable to smack yours out of the way, just so I can grab my handful.
7. Chardonnay, please. Chilled perfectly.
6. Lobster with drawn butter. Need I say more?
5. Snow skiing. I love it…it’s my all time favorite thing in the world. There’s nothing like hitting the slopes on a morning after a deep snow, when you’re making the first tracks. There’s only one thing I can think of that’s more fun than that, and I’m not saying what that is!
4. Coffee… I’ll admit it, I’m addicted. Plain, no flavors, with cream. Yum to the max.
3. Chocolate. Dark, milk, you name it. I’m not picky. I just LOVE chocolate.
2. Ice cream. It’s my diet nemesis. If I could find a way to live on it, I would. Any flavor, any kind, and I’m there.
1. Writing. I could write all day long. I LOVE to write. It’s so far in my blood, when I can’t do it, I feel like the addict in withdrawal. It’s close to impossible for me NOT to write anymore. I have so many ideas pouring through my brain, I wish I could write faster, but… it’s a good thing I can’t. I deprive my family enough as it is.
I must say, if had to work on that thing everyday, I don’t think I’d be so addicted and I sure as heck wouldn’t look that happy! Here’s top Happily Ever Afters!