Review (Interview): Running Blind by Cindy Gerald

Displaying Running Blind - cover.jpg
Tension sizzles in this new book in the One-Eyed Jacks series byNew York Times bestseller Cindy Gerard: a sexy, pulse-pounding story featuring special ops agent Jamie Cooper and a female cyber analyst as they fight for justice and fall in love.

No commitments, no promises, no looking back. Those are her rules. They used to be his rules, too. Counterterrorism operative and shameless playboy Jamie Cooper has gone head-to-head with some formidable opponents, but none so quick-witted, free-spirited, and smokin’ hot as security analyst Rhonda Burns. She lives up to her name, all fiery passion and zero inhibitions. 

In the wake of a sniper attack that leaves a close friend clinging to life, the duo is pegged to undertake the One-Eyed Jacks’ latest security mission alone—an assignment that leads them to a top-secret desert military facility. Almost immediately, the sexual tension that has been brewing for months erupts, blindsiding Rhonda and Jamie with the intensity of their feelings. They try to play it cool, but when an elite terrorist team makes the future uncertain, they ask themselves: is it now or never?

Review:
I just love reading Cindy Gerald suspense romance series. She has created another book in the One-Eyed series. In Blinding Blind, tension are high when Jamie Cooper and Rhonda Burns work together on a case. Those two character has insane chemistry attraction between them that it makes the read so much juicer to read. I am definitely falling for Jamie Cooper personality because he is the typical Alpha men but he is super sexy when he gets protective with Rhonda. I really think readers will like Rhonda character because she knows how to deal with Jamie charms but she also starts falling for him that it is so cute to read about them. The special ops is very interesting that it will make the read so much quicker because you will want to know who is behind the crime. Cindy Gerald has created another great best-seller! 
*Five Star*

Interview:
Welcome to Abigail Books Addiction blog!


- What is your inspiration when you create another book?  My readers.  All of the positive mail and reviews I receive asking me for more books about some of the secondary characters I create definitely spurs me on to find a story for them.  Also – deadlines LOL.  I am EALLLYY inspired by deadlines.  And let’s face it – who wouldn’t want to spend their days with these yummy warrior types who are also sensitive and funny and loaded with integrity.  Also at the back of my mind are our true life warriors who give up so much for us every day in so many ways – I’m always inspired by them and strive to portray them as honestly as possible.

-How long does it take to write a suspense novel?  That’s a fair question but I don’t have a really good answer.  After writing around 50 novels + novellas + short stories you’d think I’d get faster but the truth is I have gotten slower.  It’s more and more difficult (for me anyway) to come up with new, enticing story lines and relatable characters after that many books.  I don’t want to write the same plot line (and hopefully I never have) or the exact same hero and heroine.  I like individuality and surprises as well as my readers do.  So when I could once write 3 books a year, I’ve slowed down my pace considerably.  I think I owe it to my readers to take the time I need to deliver something they’re going to love.

-Did you ever have any challenges when you were writing any of the suspense romance books? -If so, then why?  Life if full of challenges.  Life happens.  Life goes on – even when life is hard and you have to work while you’re ill, or grieving the loss of a very special person, or celebrating the birth of a very special child.  I’ve dealt with them all and then some as I’m certain everyone has and can relate to.

-Did you ever have challenges with any of your characters when writing about them? -If so, then why?
Every character is a challenge.  They wouldn’t be interesting if they weren’t.  There are times when I do have difficulties getting a hero or heroine or even a secondary character exactly the way they need to be to carry off their actions in a book.  Gabe – the Archangel – Jones, for instance, was a challenge from the day he showed up on the pages of Dallas Garrett’s book – INTO THE DARK – and on through Gabe’s own book – SHOW NO MERCY.  Gabe roared into INTO THE DARK like a thunderstorm – I never even saw him coming.  He was so polarizing and mesmerizing that he almost took over that book.  I didn’t know if he was a good guy or a bad guy then.  I only knew that he was an amazing character and HAD to have his own book.  And when he suffered a severe injury in SHOW NO MERCY that he struggled with the entire book and that ended up with him having to make a horrible decision about his future, I agonized with him every step of the way.

-Which book character is your favorite and why?  Oh my.  That’s like asking me which of my children I love most.  It’s impossible.  I’m in love with every character in every book and while I’m writing their story, I’m always certain that THIS couple is my favorite.  Then comes the next book – and I’m certain that THIS new couple or character is my favorite.  I will say that I have a special fondness for Johnny Duane Reed – not just because of the way he steps up in his book, WHISPER NO LIES, but because of the growth he made during the three books that preceded his.  He’s funny, and sometimes a bit immature, cocky, sexy and ten kinds of trouble for a woman.  But he’s there for his brothers and the woman who loves him when it counts. 

-Which book couple is your favorite when you were writing about them?
Again, they’re all my favorites as I am writing them.  I’m currently writing book 4 of my ONE-EYED JACKS series – TAKING FIRE – and I’m over the moon for Bobby Taggart and Talia Levine.  Both have been through so much, both are so strong and so determined to do what’s right – even if that means losing each other.  And my current new release, RUNNING BLIND?  Oh man.  The heroine, Rhonda Bombshell Burns (you might remember her from Last Man Standing) is smart and funny and kick ass.  And trust me – she has to be to hold her own with Jamie – Hondo – Cooper as the two of them deal with their feelings for each other and with a terrorist threat that could mean the end of the world as we know it.
You didn’t ask, but I’ll tell you what my favorite book that I’ve written is:  THE WAY HOME.  I love that book (as I love all my others) for many reasons – all of them starting with the riveting characters I had to good luck to envision and then create.  There’s nothing about it I would change and for a writer to say that about their own work is pretty rare.  And I hope it doesn’t sound egotistical because it’s not meant to be.  I always feel that I could have done something better when the book is done.  But the affection I feel toward THE WAY HOME won’t allow me to second guess anything about it :o)  It was a joy to write.

-How do you create such wonderful yet sexy characters in your suspense romance books?
First – thank you for saying  that.  I love that you think my characters are wonderful and sexy :o)   And if I knew exactly how I did it, I’d bottle it and sell it.  I think it all boils down to writing the truth.  And by that I mean writing truthful characters. People who act and react like all of us would in specific situations but have the training and the skills and the mindset to do what they have to do. Or who don’t have the training or skills but are put in a position where they have to ‘cowboy’ up really fast and then deal with the fall out.  People are diverse.  Characters should be too.  They need plausible pasts that have helped mold them and show feelings and actions that we can relate to.  They need to know when they can let down and when they must rise to face whatever peril that threatens them and those they love – whether they think they have it in them to do it or not.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: After the Game by Abbi Glines

Review: New York, Actually by Sarah Morgan

Top Series To Catch Up On, Part 1