Carina Press Wants You!
If Harlequin Blaze doesn't match your writing style, Harlequin's digital first imprint Carina Press is also hosting open manuscript submissions. See below for all the details!
Call to action: #CarinaPitch is a Twitter event, in which Carina editors offer the opportunity for authors to submit their work and receive an expedited response, plus feedback! On , Carina Press editors will be monitoring the #CarinaPitch hashtag for book pitches.
Eligibility to participate:
- A complete, ready-to-send, manuscript that falls within the commercial fiction genres that we publish. (Please view Carina Press submissions guidelines here.)
- You must be prepared to send your manuscript within 3 days of the #CarinaPitch session.
- The manuscript you’re pitching must be new material, not previously published material. New material only will be considered during this event.
- The manuscript cannot be one that has previously received a pass letter from us.
- You may pitch more than one project.
How to participate:
- Wait until , which is when the editors will be monitoring the hashtag #CarinaPitch.
- Craft your compelling book pitch into one (no more than two) tweets. Indicate if it’s more than one tweet by using 1/2 and 2/2 so we can piece them together.
- Post them to Twitter from your account using the #CarinaPitch hashtag (the only way we’ll know they’re for us!).
- Please do not post pitches for one book more than twice during the #CarinaPitch event.
- Watch for a reply from a Carina Press editor!
- If an editor lets you know that they'd like to see your manuscript, follow the editor on Twitter so that they can DM you the private submission link.