Skip to main content

Re-release Blitz: Rough by Skye Warren




Title: Rough
Series: Chicago Underground #1
Author: Skye Warren
Release Date: May 26, 2015



Blurb


I’m a cautionary tale. A statistic. A victim. A single teenage mother from the poor part of town. Most of the time I’m too busy working and struggling to care what people think. Survival doesn’t come easy.

I have a dark secret, a pressure valve, a rare moment just for myself. On these nights I visit a club. There I find men who give me what I need.

Men like Colin.

But he wants more than a few stolen hours. He demands more than my body. He wants my heart and soul—my happily ever after. I never thought I’d be Cinderella. I never thought a man that rough could be my prince.







Links to Buy

99c

AMAZON US / UK


ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE
CHICAGO UNDERGROUND BOXED SET
BOOK ONE



AMAZON US / UK




Excerpt

He walked me backward, and we made out against the round fake-wood table, his hands running over my sides, my back. Avoiding the good parts like we were two horny teenagers in our parents’ basements, new to this. I shuddered at the thought. This was all wrong. His hands were too light. I was half under him already, my hips cradling his, so I surged up and nipped at his lip. Predictably his body jerked, and he thrust his hips down onto me.

Yes. That’s what I need. I softened my body, surrendering to him.

“Bed,” he murmured against my lips.

We stripped at the same time, both eager. I wanted to see his body, to witness what he offered me, but it was dark in the room. Then he kissed me back onto the bed, and there was no more time to wonder. The cheap bedspread was rough and cool against my skin. His hands stroked over my breasts and then played gently with my nipples.

My body responded, turning liquid, but something was wrong.

I’d had this problem before. Not everyone wanted to play rough, but I was surprised that I’d misread him. His muscles were hard, the pads of his fingers were calloused. I didn’t know how he could touch me so softly. Everything about him screamed that he could hurt me, so why didn’t he?

I wanted him to have his nasty way with me, but every sweet caress destroyed the illusion. My fantasy was to let him do whatever he wanted with me, but not this.

“Harder,” I said. “I need it harder.”

Instead his hands gentled. The one that had been holding my breast traced the curve around and under.

I groaned in frustration. “What’s wrong?”

He reached down, still breathing heavily, and pressed a finger lightly to my cunt, then stroked upward through the moisture. I gasped, rocking my hips to follow his finger.

“You like this,” he said.

Yes, I liked it. I was undeniably aroused but too aware. I needed the emptiness of being taken. “I like it better rough.”

Colin frowned. My eyes widened at the ferocity of his expression.

In one smooth motion he flipped me onto my stomach. I lost my breath from the surprise and impact. His left hand slid under my body between my legs and cupped me. His right hand fisted in my hair, pulling my head back. His erection throbbed beside my ass in promise. I wanted to beg him to fuck me, but all I could do was gasp. He didn’t need to be told, though, and ground against me, using my hair as a handle.

That small pain on my scalp was perfection, sharp and sweet. Numbness spread through me, as did relief.

The pain dimmed. My arousal did too, but that was okay. I was only vaguely aware of him continuing to work my body from behind.

I went somewhere else in my mind. I’d stay that way all night.

At least that’s what usually happened. Not this time. Instead I felt light strokes on my hair, my arms, my back. His cock pulsed hot against my thigh, but he didn’t try to put it inside me, not in any of the places it would almost fit. His hands on me didn’t even feel sexual. He petted me, and I arched into his caress.

“Why did you stop?” I meant it to come out demanding, but instead I sounded weak. I hated sounding weak, especially about sex. He may be the one with the cock and the fists, but I called the shots. I had to.

“Allie, shhh. It’s okay.” He was trying to soothe me, and it was working. He turned me back over and began to kiss me, still murmuring words against my lips. “I’ll give it to you. Don’t worry. Relax.” More words than he’d spoken all night.

I was lost, my emotions all jumbled up from my arousal and my high and subsequent low, at the mercy of this stranger.

What’s happening to me? I needed to get back to something I knew. I wanted him to fuck me, to be inside me, to center me. I whimpered, hoping he’d understand. “Shhh.” He arranged my arms and legs so that they were splayed open on the bed and then kissed his way down my stomach.




 Author Bio


Skye Warren is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of dark romantic fiction.



 Author Links



Giveaway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: New York, Actually by Sarah Morgan

Meet Molly 
New York’s most famous agony aunt, she considers herself an expert at relationships…as long as they’re other people’s. The only love of her life is her Dalmatian, Valentine. Meet Daniel A cynical divorce lawyer, he’s hardwired to think relationships are a bad idea. If you don’t get involved, no-one can get hurt. But then he finds himself borrowing a dog to meet the gorgeous woman he sees running in Central Park every morning… Molly and Daniel think they know everything there is to know about relationships…until they meet each other that is… Review: That is right, reader, Sarah Morgan has released another fantastic book in From Manhattan with Love series. She has released New York, Actually in the series that will introduce new characters who will fall in love in the New York area. The reader will get to see Daniel (from previous books) fall in love unexpectedly. Daniel is very well-known divorce attorney that you will definitely want him on your side. He always roots for the …

Top Series To Catch Up On, Part 1

Hello Everyone,
It is a definitely new year which means that they will be new books releasing soon enough. It is definitely the time to catch up with series before the new book release. Here is my top five series to catch up with would be:
1. Fatal series by Marie Force
I ultimate love reading Fatal series so much because it has so much suspense yet it has romance too that it heigthen the story more. Sam and Nick are my most favorite couple in the series that I always can't wait to read the next book to know what they are up too. It is always something different each time.
Review: Fatal Affair Fatal Justice Fatal Consequences Fatal Flaw Fatal Deception Fatal Mistake Fatal Jeopardy  Fatal Scandal  Fatal Frenzy Fatal Identify
2. Wind Dragons MC series by Chantal Fernando
Who doesn't love reading bad boys falling in love? 'Cause they always fall the hardest. And these Wind Dragons biker definitely do! They are so sexy but their women are also bad ass too that you will end up loving th…

Blog Tour: Kiss My Boots by Harper Sloan

About the book:
Hang on to your Stetsons this summer, because you’re in for one wild ride! Get lost in the second installment of New York Timesbestselling author Harper Sloan’s Coming Home series, KISS MY BOOTS. In the second installment, the wildest Davis of them all is looking for love…maybe.
Quinn Davis prefers to live her life quietly. She’s the stereotypical tomboy with two overprotective big brothers who have always looked out for her. Of course, it doesn’t help that her heart has already been hardened when it comes to devilishly handsome cowboys with silver tongues. That is, until Tate Montgomery comes riding back into town. Their first meeting, however, is far from something out of a fairy tale and only further convinces Quinn that men aren’t worth her time.
Growing up, the one time Tate ever truly felt at home was during the long, sweltering summer months he spent at his gram and paw’s farm in Pine Oak, Texas. Now, Tate has returned to his childhood sanctuary seeking a fresh sta…